Monday 23 September 2013

Day 1 - Own Experience in solving problems

Today is the first lesson of Elementary mathematics.  Four problems in one lesson : one adjective to describe - FUN!!!

 From Rote Counting to Card Trick to Textbook Problem and lastly Tangram Problem, I had fun sloving these problems.  I particularly like the Tangram activity as it really engage me into thinking mode to shift the shapes to form different sizes of rectangles.  There is always a sense of achievement when my peers and I managed to form rectangles using different sizes.  I have realised in order to solve problems, we need to explore, working in group, using concrete materials.

 
 
I have also learnt that there is even a story about Tangram and I google it to learn more about it.  I'll share definitely share this story with my centre's children.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment